Saturday 30 June 2012

Arrivederci

The impressive Italian performance on Thursday eliminated the Germans from the competition and all but concluded my betting activity for the Euros. As I said before, my only remaining bets were on the Germans, so having lost those I will not be getting involved in the final game. My outright bets have been quite disastrous over the last few weeks, which is not a good sign as the outrights are what I am looking to trade over next season, but I put this down to the tricky nature of a knockout tournament. If you lose a match in the Premier League your odds might drop but there is room for recovery. If you lose in the Euros you are out. I did manage to claw back some of the £35 I had on Germany by backing over 2.5 goals at 2-0, and bits of trading on the tennis. I will do a full P+L after the tournament has ended and everything has been settled up.

As for the final I have no idea how it will go. Spain look dominant but Italy have been the surprise package throughout, and Pirlo will be a good match for Spain, although it will be interesting to see if he can still find space when up against 6 midfielders. That's all from me today, I'm going out to enjoy the sun. I have landed myself a week's work experience at the Daily Telegraph next week, so blog posts may be a bit scarce next week, so bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment